Episode 001 – An introduction to the Marketing tips for translators podcastJanuary 30, 2014
Episode 003 – Marketing tips when getting started as a translator – Interview with Corinne McKayJanuary 30, 2014
In this episode I interview Marta Stelmaszak, a Polish into English translator, interpreter, trainer and mentor. She has published a free e-book called “You need a CV that works” where she covers everything about CV’s for translators.
This episode includes:
- A presentation of Marta
- A presentation of the book “You need a CV that works” and why Marta wrote it
- Five most important tips for writing a CV when marketing your translation services
- The most common mistakes translators make when writing a CV
- When a CV works and when it does not
- Alternatives to a CV
- How Marta markets her translation services and what works best for her right now
Links to items mentioned in this episode:
Thank you for listening to this episode! To make it even easier for you, I have created a CV Checklist for translators, with all important tips compiled on one page. Enter your name and email below to get the FREE checklist sent to you.
This podcast is a labor of love and brought to you free of charge. If you enjoy this series and would like to show your support, please consider making a small donation to ensure I can keep offering you great content in the future.
- Marta Stelmaszak is a Polish – English translator and interpreter specialising in law, IT, marketing, and business. She is a member of the Management Committee of the Interpreting Division at the Chartered Institute of Linguists and a Co-head of the UK Chapter of the International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters. She is also an Associate of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, a qualified business mentor, a member of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurship and the Chartered Institute of Marketing. She is currently studying for master’s degree in Management, Information Systems and Innovation at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Recently, she’s been awarded with the Higher Education Social E
Podcast: Play in new window | Download